Thursday, June 12, 2008

Surprise, surprise!

I found a recipe for cupcakes and decided to give it a go. Yes, at 10pm I was busy mixing ingredients, beating eggs and melting chocolate bars ._. However, I lacked some of the ingredients needed, such as cocoa powder and almond meal. I followed the recipe exactly (minus the cocoa powder and almond meal of course), but the cupcake mixture was too watery! Even Cinderella's godmother cannot make my cupcake mixture turn into a cupcake la like that! So I improvised! TeeHee~ Added more self-raising flour to make it less watery. Did not bake a cake using the oven before, so I had no idea how watery was it supposed to be. I used to steam all my cakes before this HA.

I had a really bad feeling , and did not feel confident about this. So I got lazy and did not put them into paper cases =Þ I poured the whole mixture into a steel dish which is usually used to steam the fish =X Waited, waited, waited for around half an hour or so, and I can smell butter from the cake. Very aromatic. My brother was so impatient waiting for my cake, he kept asking me was it done or not. NOT YET LAH! DID YOU HEAR THE OVEN RING?!

Anyway, after another 15 mins or so, I took the cake out and surprise! It actually tastes good! My brother even gave me thumbs up for it!
I know la, it doesn't look good from the picture cuz I don't know how to decorate cakes ma... Put cream la, icings la, fruits la AIYOR so troublesome. Just eating the cake is good enough

I somehow managed to make the surface crispy, like fried sugar. EH, fried sugar? I dunno la how to describe it, it's like the crispy part of fried egg. And beneath the crispy surface it's soft sponge cake, can you imagine it? Aiya it's just nice la! I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF! It's too sweet for me though, lucky thing it's brown sugar and not white sugar, it's healthier =)

Get the recipe here. I used 300gms of self raising flour instead of the proposed 100gms, and omitted cocoa powder and almond meal.

Just because I feel like posting this. And because this is my blog BLEAH

No comments: