Saturday, June 28, 2008

Korea-town

Hello SunYe 누나!

Hello JaeHee 형!

-------------------------

Being an Ampang-ian and so close to Koreatown, I am proud to say that I have finally been there! LOLOLOLOL. It looks a little... lifeless to me though. The lack of people in Koreatown is disappointing, maybe I expected too much? I imagined it to be something like Chinatown but no, it was just like any other normal streets, only thing is you get to see Korean marts and restaurants which are void of customers =S I doubt I'm done with Koreatown yet, as I've only walked 2 streets. I believe Koreatown is much more than that =)

ANYWAY

Me, Lim Li and May went there after college and when we arrived, the first thing we did was look for restaurant. We're hungry! We tried to read their menu and since Lim Li was a beginner in Korean classes (I wanna enrol in Korean classes too!), we made her read the Korean characters out loud. Hilarious la I tell you!

She read 렌트 slowly... s-e-n... what? Me and May cracked up... r-e-n-t-eu! RENT! The korean uncle smoking behind us was laughing as well and he corrected our pronunciation. Then we made her read 세트 메뉴 which she gave up halfway. It reads SET MENU by the way.

Okay so we went into the restaurant and ordered dwaeji bulgogi (BBq pork) and doenjang jjigae (soup) *drools* The banchan/s, meat and soup came (in that order) not long after. The waiter/waitress were very patient and polite. And very good service by the way. They answered whatever questions we asked.
Did not label all the banchan because I don't know what are those


The waitress probably thought we're gonna burn down her restaurant by accident because she kept walking past our room and peering in. We just ate and ate and ate. I'm more of a chicken/fish person but the pork was delicious! The banchan/s are what made us full, not the meat ._. I want more meat ㅠ_ㅠ
^ happily showing off her samgyeopsal

^ The black beans that Lim Li is addicted to =_= Korean chopsticks are flat and hard to hold! I prefer round chopsticks.

LOL eat eat eat

the room is nice and private, but it's a little hot because we're stuck with the barbecue stove.

^ This was the nicest!! This is galbi I think. Feel free to correct me.

^ checking out her 'smoking' squid

^ After an hour or so. We were really really full at this point because we ate a lot of banchan. We said we will finish all the banchan no matter what! ....and the waitress kept refilling them. The lettuces especially.

^ finished(almost) finally!

Paid for our food and left. We paid less than RM20 per person. Reasonable la. Went walking around the many marts. LOTTE mart's stuffs are more expensive compared to the other marts =S And there's this one mart which sells expired + expensive stuffs! And they played FTI's song ._. As well as SNSD's, Gummy's and Turtle's.

The uncle inside that overpriced shop kelakar la. When we entered, he looked at us and told the shopkeeper in chinese Woah, han guo nv sheng very pretty hor. He thinks we're Korean? We don't even look like one la okay ._. But thank you for the compliment anyway teeheehee~ He got the shock of his life when we started talking in chinese =P

^ Had ice creams and went home because the sky looks like it's gonna cry soon.
And cry it did

-------------------------

I want one! ='( 15,000 won is not much. It's actually cheap! Only 1800 copies in this whole wide world! RAHHHH!! And they don't ship internationally!!! Gek sei ngo la... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz


Yippee! Someone is coming back soon! Can't wait =)

Oooooooh, someone in PG likes WonBin =P

No comments: