Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I'm gonna complain about my "favourite" lecturer for a bit, excuse me. Introduction to Drama is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable lesson, but it's all ruined thanks to her.

I find her lacking etiquette any lecturers should have. It's completely normal for female students, especially those shy ones, to speak really softly, so if you can't hear them, simply ask them to speak louder! Guess what that social deprived genius did. She did an exaggerated imitation of the poor student speaking softly, so that all of us strained our ears trying to listen to her speak. And suddenly, she spoke in a booming voice "CAN YOU HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID?!" ok, you got point across in a very childish way. She even threatened to fail our coursework. Woah so "professional"

We're supposed to be studying PYGMALION by George Bernard Shaw, but we had no idea where to get it. So we asked her and she said "LIBRARY". Hello, I know the library has like... what, 3 books? Oh, and 3 books are supposed to be shared around by 150 students, I totally get that. She retorted and said, "The original copy is too expensive for you anyway. Students nowadays are like this. Textbooks are always expensive. But when it comes to material-wise (I think she meant our electronic gadgets and.. NIKE shoes I guess?), RM1000 is so cheap. Guys who get RM100 facial won't even complain that it's expensive."
*Here all of us gave her the HUH? look*
"Yes it's true, I'm not lying. Guys nowadays.... bla bla bla," and she continued about her experience with guys who have RM100 facial. We're confused not because guys are getting facial treatments, we're confused because you're linking two unrelated things together and telling it to us in our class. We're not interested in RM100 facials okay?! Where is the relation between facial and Pygmalion?

When she was explaining about Eliza Doolittle, and how Eliza had to work her butt off to support her own living, she suddenly commented on how fortunate we are these days. We have our parents supporting us and spoon-feeding us. She goes on bla-bla-bla-ing about us being ungrateful and unappreciative for everything that we have. All of us went silent in the lecture hall (Not that we were noisy, no one dared to talk anyway). Hello, we're trying to get back home earlier to our parents that we don't appreciate, so could you be of some help and continue with your lecture puh-leeeease? GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Not done complaining on her, too many stuffs I'm not satisfied about, can't even remember them all. And now I have to go research on the numerous questions she just gave us! She is one crazy zha boh I tell you.



-----------------------------------------------

I miss FT Island like hell now!!!

No comments: