Friday, May 23, 2008

A prayer for those in need

I feel guilty and selfish. So many people are suffering over in Myanmar and Szechuan and all I can think about is how much I miss FT Island. And spazzing over their new song on soompi =(

It's really heart-wrenching to see the state of devastation the place is in. I was sitting on the sofa, eating peanuts while watching TV yesterday, and I was complaining of how hot the weather are these days and also how tasteless the peanuts were. Shame on me! I should think about those unfortunate people, and appreciate my lunch (although the ikan bilis is a little too hard for me).











I find the world really amazing in times like these. When we are living without any disasters, and we pass by acquaintances, we couldn't even bother to smile or greet them sometimes. And look at what happens in China now. Strangers everywhere are helping each other out. Everyone around the world is helping those victims whom they have never seen before.

Sometimes, I wonder if disasters like these are curse or blessings? Sure, it's a sad thing to see innocent people dying and suffering, but seeing it from another point of view, if it were not for this, would we ever witness people helping each other so selflessly? Especially in our modern times?





Images credits to flickr.

No comments: