Saturday, August 9, 2008

MAA 2008 - the day

Okay, as a Mosh Pitter, we're supposed to be in KL Sentral by 10.45am for our 11am bus, as the letter clearly stated that they will depart sharp on 11am. Yea, trust Malaysia on this. 11am simply means 12pm ceh. Whatever, as long as I get my Mosh Pit and Red Carpet pass.

Anyway, reached the First World Lobby around 1pm, had to rush to Highland Hotel cuz I had to leave my luggage in the room the others booked. I've never been to Genting for 2 years and I freaking forgot my way around it. You know Genting's tagline? Genting, City of Entertainment. One hell of a city. Everywhere looks the same to me and I got lost on my way to the Highlands Hotel. But good thing also la, all the stars were staying in the hotel next to mine. Can see them late night and early morning.

Anyway, after dumping my luggage, went to have lunch at KFC with the fangirls... and they transformed me into a very crazy fangirl for the day.
Had glitter on my face which clearly tells people "MAJOR FANGIRL COMING THROUGH". The whole group of us did that, and when we walk pass people, everyone will turn their heads and see a flock of blue fangirls with blue glitters and blue lightsticks and fanboards with Korean words. Super chio I tell you. There are even people trying to curi curi take pictures of us. Ask la woi. We will gladly shout SUPERJUNIOR in your ears =D

Went for the Red Carpet briefing in The Pavilion, and saw Adam.C! Wait for what? Take picture la of course!

So we walked into The Pavilion and waited for instructions for us to go into the Red Carpet. A hell lot of media was there. Very proud leh. KMTV SBS TV2 took footages of us cheering for SuJu. And those stations are only the ones I remember. There are a lot more lo. Woah I'm half an ELF for the day XD

The MTV crew brought us in to the Red Carpet around 3pm where we waited for more than an hour for the stars. When they pulled back the canvas to reveal the Red Carpet, everyone was cheering! It's starting soon!

Some interesting stuffs - At one time, before the red carpet started, we shouted for SuJu and got boo-ed by the others. Why har? We didn't do anything to provoke them anyway. Maybe they cannot stand fangirls la. But after some time they started to treat us real good. They chanted SuJu along with us. I think they chanted SEJUK or SOJU but who cares. As long as they're not booing and it sounds like SuJu anyway. I even heard one of them shouting for SUPER SENIOR. I like whoever who shouted that. You made me laugh =D

It started with the MTV VJs walking in. Everyone cheered and the atmosphere was really good. And then uh.. I don't remember the others cuz it was not SuJu. I remember a Malay guy who was really nice though. He asked us who was Super Junior so we told him. He was there mainly for Pussycat Dolls. So we kind of traded. We agreed to shout like crazy for PcD while he does the same for SuJu. So retarded but fun.

SuJu came after PcD's appearance. The VVIPs were really nice. They let us in to their special spot so all of us got to see EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM real clear. We were like barely 1meter apart from the boys. Even get to see Leeteuk's very obvious thick makeup.

I was closer at the end of the line where Heechul was. Everyone was shouting for them, asking for signatures. And Heechul was really cute, doing the infamous Siwon gesture when he politely refused.
Not this la.
This is just a picture of Heechul about to cry because I cheered for him =)

All of them look so pretty! But they look the same to me on or off TV anyway. Still really pretty la. Most say Heechul is the prettiest, but I find Leeteuk prettier than Heechul. Needless to say, Siwon and Kangin is the one for me la.

Oh and I finally get to see the others on the Red Carpet. Donghae looks okay with his long hair! For serious! It's not his best hairstyle, but it's not bad! Or maybe it's because I'm not crazy over them so I find it okay. And Ryeowook! He is so tiny and small he looks like a kid. Eunhyuk looks angry to me. Kangin moody or maybe sleepy.

SuJu came and went, and the other stars came along. Don't remember them all, so I'm just posting pictures I took at the Red Carpet. Oh and talking about pictures, one thing that got me really mad was that NO CAMERAS were allowed in the Red Carpet and the Mosh Pit area. But I look around me and everyone was busy flashing their cameras away. Some even brought in their SLRs. WTF lor for serious?!

PICTURES NOT IN ORDER OF APPEARANCE

Stefanie Sun and Electrico

The Script. Sorry, but who? And the lead singer actually made out with a chio girl at the post party. Wait, who is the lead singer anyway?!
TOR+ Saksit! Really nice and humble IMO.
Um.. one of the guys from Panic!
The Rexona boy. Dunno what's his name as well sorry ._.
Xiao Zhu!! Very handsome *squeals* !!
Lee Yu Chun - She wore sneakers with this outfit ._. so yeng!
Leona Lewis! Unglam I know. I find her better looking in pictures.
Nicholas Teo. Not a fan of him.
So thin la. Kesian. Become big star no time to makan liao.
One Republic.
The Click Five.
Karen Mok and Jared Leto.
Karen is very very very pretty in real life!! And her legs are <3!
Impossible to post ALL the pictures I took la. Too many ._. But fret not, I posted all the nicer ones. The ones I did not post are mainly blurry or simply because I do not wish to share =X

The Red Carpet was fun. Got to shake hands with a few stars although I forgot who. There were a lot of big group hugs with the stars because I was standing just behind this girl with the FREE HUGS FOR LUCK board. She's so clever la. Every star who walked past her is sure to sign her board and give her a hug in return. All except SuJu and Luo Zhi Xiang >.<

-------------------------

Rushed to the Arena of Stars where the award show is held. All the ELFs were standing in one corner because... Super Junior was seated there! Right in front of the fans!
Whatever la. I did not really care because I just wanted to enjoy the show. Did not take any pictures after it started.

The countdown started and everyone joined in. Jabbawockeez started the show. Then Pussycat Dolls came in with Buttons and made all the boys pee in their pants. The first award was given to Super Junior. So anti-climax lo. I haven't even got into the mood and they receive award liao ceh.

It was very noisy and I had no idea Siwon was speaking in English. I only managed to hear the last few words - love our fans forever and ever.
Neh, the cue to start screaming. Then they went backstage and that was it.

The show went on. I really enjoyed The Click Five's, One Republic's and Leona Lewis' performance. Because those are the only songs I know. Heck I didn't even know what song did SuJu perform to.

But that did not stop me from enjoying SuJu's performance. I loved the atmosphere the most during their performance. Sure I only recognized the intro of Don't Don but seeing everyone around me jumping to the beat made me really high.

I dunno why but I have this image of Jieying singing 가슴이 압바 stuck in my mind. Even those non-ELFs enjoyed themselves thoroughly. You could see them wow-ing and bopping their heads to the performance.

My favourite part of the perf? When Leeteuk flashed us his abs (stomach ._.) I squealed like hell! And also the part when suddenly all of them kneeled down and slapped the floor real hard with their palms. I was standing aligned to Siwon's position. Lagi best. I have no idea how to describe my feelings in words at that moment. I was feeling really proud that I was there to witness it! I tell you, you gotta see it LIVE to feel it.


During the whole show I saw this guy who reminds me of Siwon - from the side and back. He was standing in front of me, really tall and toned.
Stalker picture! JiaQian was laughing at me when I took this =.=
It's not like he's gonna be reading this anyway LOL so it's okay to post la.

-------------------------

Was really tired after the show. Did not get to sit down the whole day leh, who is not tired?! Plus we kept shouting and jumping lagi. After we bathed, I wanted to plonk myself in the bed and sleep right away.

It was around 11pm, instead of sleeping, we watched the MAA 2008 on TV. Waited for SuJu's performance to finish and then went down to yumcha with Max and Ping Chuan. Crazy lo going to yumcha at nearly 1am! But Ping Chuan is crazier. Purposely driving to Genting at midnight ._.
But it was worth it, right? =) At least you saw her before going back to the Phillipines!

We sat down at a cafe, and did not regret it. The post party was just opposite from where we were seated. Got to see a number of stars going in and out of the place. Saw some even crazier people actually waiting all night just to take pictures of the stars.

We saw Faizal, Pop Shuvit, Jared Leto, Panic at the Disco, TOR+ Saksit and I don't remember who else. One Republic maybe? Whatever. Finished my hot chocolate and went back to hotel room. SLEEP
or maybe not.

Sek Kee insists that we should not let our trip go to waste so we chatted and played games till 5 in the morning. And I woke up at 9am close to 10. WTF?! 5 hours of sleep only leh!!

Jel and me went to have breakfast with the fangirls and just when we're about to finish, Jieying said that the guy sitting opposite our table looks like Brian from Fly To The Sky. So I looked, and immediately - OH EM GEE! That's the Thailand guy la! neh, the one i said who looks like Hankyung and Yesung one!

We waited for him to finish his breakfast before going over to ask for a photo. Guards stopped us at first, but he was immensely nice and agreed. He looks a little shy =) SO cute!

We were so nervous before that because we had no idea what's his name or what song he sang. We only knew he won the award and that's it. Later we found out his name is TOR+ Saksit and he plays the piano. Okay, I love guys with piano. Like some certain Mr Choi from FT Island.

Walked around a bit, then sat the cable car to go back home =)

No comments: