Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nostalgia

I followed Yee Ian's advice and googled for a long lost friend of mine. I was skeptic at first, because... how can one simply google another person up so easily? There are hundreds and thousands of people with the same name, I was sure. But I'm not so sure now, cuz I really found her ._.

It's amazing though, I haven't seen her in more than 10 years, but I recognized her instantly from her pictures. She haven't changed one bit. I wonder if she'll say the same if she found me? Lots of people tell me I look the same as I looked 10 years ago.

So I was browsing through her blog, learning about her life after we lost contact. And I have to say, SHE IS STILL THE SAME!! smarty pants sheesh. But I miss her. She's in New Zealand now, the LOTR-land. She takes really nice pictures.

She was toying with her new Canon DSLR, and taking random pictures in Petaling Street (before she went to New Zealand lah I presume). I practically grew up there cuz my dad's shop is just 5 mins walk away. And seeing the pictures she took, the shoplots, birdcages, business signs, temples, and even the ridiculous archs over Chinatown, made me nostalgic. It's like, I've been there before, and now she's there too. I recognize every single picture she took, and somehow feel close to her. It's a little silly right?

I shall stalk her blog from now =) And maybe when I find my courage, I'll tell her who I am. And see if she remembers me.



OKAY MOVE ON. I don't wanna get emo. I was in a hyper mood today until this googling thing came up. Was supposed to blog about something else. Lemme browse through my camera.

I love the orange tint in the blue sky =) Or the blue tint in the orange sky. Whichever you like.


Mini sized chivas and... other liquor for collection. Seeing mini sized stuffs make me think of Singapore. Or at least I'll think of my relatives place cuz everything in their house are mini. so cute lah! mini oven, mini rice cooker, mini aquarium, mini microwave, mini slow cooker... alot lah.

Some of my brother's and my shoes. I like the ones in the red circles. My brother's =( I can't wear them, they're at least 4 sizes too big for me. I especially like the sand coloured Adidas one. I might stuff tissues in it if I get desperate.

Sausage pau? Hehehe supposed to be buns but my dough turned out to be pau dough instead of bun dough. It was nice, but I made too much. And gave alot to my neighbours. I think they'll probably need 2 days to finish it.

And this is... potato wedges. I refuse to admit they're burnt. Potato wedges are supposed to look like that! *self-denial mode* Okaylah, I was supposed to turn them over after 20 mins of baking, but I forgot. Surprisingly, the burnt part tastes the best. I put too much pepper though, I can still feel it in my tongue as I'm typing this.


And um.. my mom's birthday just passed. I made her a cake, and she loved it because it tastes like ice cream cake. She loves ice cream cake, so I should be happy right? But I was not happy because... that's the problem!


I DID NOT MAKE HER AN ICE CREAM CAKE!


That was a Tiramisu Cheese cake #^$%&#$%&()*#$&*&%*%(#!!!!!!!!

I should've known something would go wrong when I saw the devastatingly simple recipe.


Anyway, recently I've been hooked on watching Boys Over Flowers on mysoju (and again on KBSWorld), and also playing the Mystery Case Files game. I used to play that in my high school's computer lab, where we have to find hidden objects in a messy room. Everyone would go to the particular computer to hog the game =) We have to find the most absurd objects, hidden along with other things. It was fun, but pretty tiring for my eyes. Anyone wants the game? Lemme know. I have the full version.

Jason Mraz's I'm Yours on repeat mode =)

No comments: