Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Almost Paradise... na na naaa~

*tap tap tap*
waiting for someone to get online...


This has been quite a productive holiday. For the otaku in me anyway. I finished watching Beethoven Virus. Caught up with the latest episode of Boys Over Flowers (HyunJoong with the JaeJoong-sexy-haircut, and I want Kim Beom's bangs back! RAWR!) Currently watching On Air. Done watching Forrest Gump, Mean Girls, Transformers, Catch Me If You Can, Mamma Mia, Nanny Diaries, and Twilight (for the N-th time). Caught a few episodes of Idol Show. Attended the boring KPP ceramah, but haven't really turned the pages of the ujian book.

Not bad, really. When else would I have time to do all these? And within the span of only a few weeks? Should I watch Hong Gil Dong or I Am Sam next? Oh right, Cain and Abel =) So Ji Sup is love. Song SeungHyun is growing on me too, I'm glad.


I give Slumdog Millionaire thumbs up! It's definitely worth watching. The storyline is pure genius, and the young actors/actress are lovable! It's the first movie I watched in cinema with no subtitles, yet still understand it perfectly (I have this bad habit of looking at subtitles even when I don't need them, I feel lost without them).

Before watching though, my friend dismissed Slumdog as "another Bollywood movie" with lots of sceneries and dancing, but agreed to watch with me. I was glad they didn't show any dancing ala Bollywood style in the movie, because I couldn't stand it too. I remember telling my friend in the middle of the movie, saying that "It's not a Bollywood movie after all, huh. Thank god there's no dancing".

But at the end of movie, where they show the rolling credits, they start dancing in the middle of the train station. Me and my friend looked at each other and simultaneously burst out laughing, which was embarassing cuz we were really loud, and it was supposed to be a private joke. The whole cinema was filled with Indians, and thinking of that, we shut up immediately. Oh my gawd I never felt so rude in my entire life before.

No comments: