Thursday, May 21, 2009

Listen and you will see

What is wrong with the connection. It is slower than a Monday morning!!

Promised I'll upload pictures from Redang but got lazy. They're all on FB anyway. And I'm waiting for someone to get online so she could send me pictures from her camera, but no luck, haven't seen her online for a while. Maybe I'll edit this post when I catch her.

We (our large group of 16) went to Kuala Terengganu by plane, and sat the ferry to the island.

Boarding the plane.


Sunrise =)

The pak cik waiting for us in Terengganu, WITH MY NAME

On the ferry

Um.. we snorkelled most of the time. Played volleyball and Banana Boat as well. And very cliche-like, we buried someone in the beach. Nighttime we just walked around the island, saw "blue sand", they're coral eggs actually I think.


We're lucky lah, the abangs working in our resort were so kind, they went out of thier way to bring us around. They brought us far out in the sea when we were snorkelling, we wanted to see sharks mah, but no luck lah. They dived and caught quite a few "seafood" for us =) HAHAHAHA I have no idea what you call that in English. I only know starfish...
No this is not starfish. This is "hoi sam". Chinese New Year sure eat one.

Then they brought us to see baby sharks


If you can stand a little teasing, (you know some Malay guys lah, teasing is their way of life.) then it should probably be okay. I remember one of the abang kept saying he wanted a Chinese girlfriend. Then he told us his mom doesn't let him have tattoo or something. Another one heard us chatting and came over, telling us he has a tattoo. Being curious we asked to see his tattoo. He was already half-naked, and we cannot spot any on him. Then he pulled off his underwear a little, "tattoo kat sini. mau tengok?" ZZZZZZ no thanks.



Some of us went to play pool/snooker(?) at night, but not me. What for you wanna go indoor when you're already outdoor? So a group of us went to take pictures around Redang, and the abangs became our photographer (!). I'm still waiting for the pictures.

Spot the abangs. Eh but seriously speaking, some of them were very handsome. Not these lah.

Sunrise in Redang.

Nice kan, our legs? =D


The last day of our 3d2n trip. Everyone busy taking pictures.

Both pictures above looks nice right? Of course lah, I'm the one who took it.

This is not as nice as the ones above, because not I take one. It's only nice because I'm in it. =) You can see clearly how dark I've turned from this trip. My arms and legs are different shades from my back.



We went back to Kuala Terengganu by 11am and waited for our 9pm flight. So syok right. Whole day in Terengganu nothing to do. I was suffering withdrawal symptoms from Redang. I can feel myself bobbing up and down as if I'm still in the sea with a life jacket on.

Anyways, the very UNadventurous friends decided to lepak in KFC, cyber cafes, and Pizza Hut till 7pm or so until it's time for us to head to the airport. And me, like I said, why go indoors when you're already outdoors, walked around the town, taking pictures till my camera ran out of battery.





Eh what is Terengganu famous for? Ikan masin?
I have no idea, I simply ordered Bak Kut Teh for lunch.



My faithful friend who was up for the adventure and accompanied me.
Thanks ah, if it wasn't for you I'll be stuck in KFC the whole day.

Apparently this stick-food is only available in places other than KL. It's called Sagun and I felt like an idiot when I asked the vendor how to eat this.
The mak cik said, "buka, koyak, lepas tu makan" Very simple steps =_=
It's a powderish kind of snack, with coconut strips, sugar and peanut nibs in it. Dunno why but it smells like kuih kapit. Everyone from the KL group has never seen it before, while the others from Penang, Pahang and Johor looked at us like we were aliens. Yalah, kampung people eat one. Happy?


We finally made it to 7pm. Rotted in the airport for another 2-3 hours for our delayed flight. Had a fun trip! I give Redang thumbs up =) Eh by the way, the food provided in our resort were delicious! Maybe they add alot of MSG in it.


Something I "stole" from Redang. A rock shaped like my initial.

I have bruises all over my body. Clumsy me did not see where I'm heading, I just rammed my way around, hitting rocks everywhere.

And yeah, the sunburnt part.
Compare my hands and thighs. HUGE difference! practically black and white.

No comments: