Monday, December 29, 2008

I have to take a break from all the reading. My eye hurts. Mind you, I'm not studying for exams (I wish I am, all the subjects this semester are a total pain in the ass) Like the Twilight movie, I reread my Twilight and New Moon again. And I finally found Eclipse and Breaking Dawn some few days ago.

I am so lucky, seriously. I went to the Customer Service Counter in MPH and inquired whether they have any stocks of Eclipse and New Moon. The girl behind the counter said no at first. So I asked if I could pre-order it, and she told me I would have to wait till next month for the book to arrive. And I made this really disappointed face, and complained a little on why they take so long to arrive.

The best part came. The kind and helpful girl asked if I really wanna have it by today (well, 2-3 days ago anyway). Of course I said yes, I was already rereading the first two books by then. Guess what. She gave me someone else's pre-order copy of the books! She just took the new books out from under the counter and handed it to me, all the while smiling. So nice lah!

Eh people, remember to go buy books in MPH next time okay.

And another thing, when I was queue-ing to pay for the books, this girl in front of me whipped around and asked me where I got my copy of the books. I wasn't sure what to answer her, so I just simply pointed at the customer service and said I asked the lady over there. The girl was eyeing my books like a hawk, and that made me hug them even closer. Her friends came in not long after and they actually questioned me on the book. Like how come I get it even though I did not pre-order, what's the price of the book, what's the story about, errrr...? They made me feel like a criminal.

Even the cashier on duty (which looks an awful lot like the manager) got curious and asked aish. I wasn't sure if I got the kind salesgirl into trouble or what. Was she supposed to do that, give out other people's copy of pre-ordered books? Eh this turned out to be quite a long story. I've just started on the first few pages of Eclipse, been busy spring cleaning my room for CNY ._.


Talking about spring cleaning. Sakit hati lah aku! I threw away all the magazines/posters I feverishly collected during my J-pop fangirl days. Those are worth more than thousands lor can! I could buy an iPhone with the money zzzzzzzzz I AM NOT JOKING. iPhone, not iTouch, not iPod. iPHONE!!!

I really did not want to throw them, but they're just there, taking up space, I wouldn't even notice them unless I started cleaning out the cupboards and drawers. Why the hell did I buy them in the first place!!! They're not even cheap like normal magazines, around RM3-5?! I saw the price still on them and the cheapest was above RM20. Damn. And I threw hundreds of them away. Where did I get all those money when I was still a high schooler?!?!?!?!

Someone, anyone PLEASE give me a slap on the face next time I think of buying these ridiculous magazines again. I beg you.

No comments: